WHEN YOU EAT A GOOD COOKIE AND LOOK DOWN, WHAT DO YOU SEE? MOST TIMES, CRUMBS. OKAY, HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TOLD NOT TO EAT THE COOKIES AND YOU EAT ONE WHEN NO ONE EXCEPT GOD IS LOOKING? WELL, HERE IS A PIECE OF ADVICE...GET THE CRUMBS OFF OF YOU! THEY TELL THE TALE! HERE IS A PLACE WHERE I TELL MY TALES OF COOKIES ENJOYED, SOME TO BE PROUD OF, SOME TO LAUGH AT, AND SOME TO CRY OVER. ENJOY LOOKING AT MY COOKIE CRUMBS!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Honduras 2011 day 3 Smile Jesus Te Ama




Well, today I did something that I have not done often when I come to Honduras. I was actually in the distribution and I had the best job. But before I get to that I need to tell you about the area we served in today.

We set up in a small school that was on the out skirts of a garbage dump. No big deal to us gringos. Here it is a big deal these wonderful people not just live by the dump but also in it. they live in cardboard houses or any thing else they can construct  into a shelter from the dump. We were told that it was to dangerous for us to go in this year. There is too much poverty and need. Some of the people just will do anything to get what they need even if it means violence.

When we arrived the testimony question came up "Who shall I send?" Chrissy answered the call. I thought she was going to freak because I don't think she really understood that she volunteered and when she realized what she did she was like AHHHHH! Well maybe not that bad but still freaked out thinking can't believe I did this.

She stood there talking to the translator in a small still voice that only a few around her could hear. As she talked about her life and how powerful God has been in changing her from the inside out I could see people shaking their heads and leaning in hanging on to every word translated. It was really cool. Then it was over and this was the best part She smiled and just had a glow about her that was unmistakable that God was pleased with her.

Now as I said I had the chance to be in the distribution and I got to watch my wife hold up clothing and talk to the people as they went though the line. When she would find something that was just right the room would illuminate with Chrissy's smile. It was contagious then the people would smile thought the rest of the line. Time after time this happened. Now not everyone came in with a scowl. But the worry and oppression was so heavy on most of them but, when they reached Chrissy something seemed to change just for a while.

As I said I had the best job I was taking family photos at the entrance and It was so hard to get them to smile or at least have some expression. We should have had the photos after Chrissy.

I was just thinking as christians that we go through this world with such blank faces with no joy or like the world is on our shoulders, when we should be make others faces light up. We have the grace of God.  Yeah not everything is going to be great but someday it will be  and  from there on everyday after if you have Jesus.
My bible says we are to give our burdens to Him and He will take them. When we have the opportunity to share the love of Christ why don't we? We need to work on this. If we really need to have something to worry about think about all those who don't have Jesus. Because they will not have great days for eternity.  Use that to motivate your smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment